Sontro Hearing Aids Offer Digital-First Package of Care via Amptify Platform
Soundwave Hearing teams with Amptify to provide its Sontro® Hearing Aid customers with covered access to Amptify’s ecosystem of hearing care solutions
Today, Soundwave Hearing, a pioneering OTC hearing aid manufacturer, announced it has teamed with Amptify, a leading hearing health technology platform, to bundle the purchase of the customizable Sontro Hearing Aids with access to Amptify’s provider network and a personalized version of Amptify’s digital therapeutic (DTx) for hearing loss.
Available today through the Soundwave Hearing website and through authorized hearing health professionals, all patients who purchase the Sontro Hearing Aids for just $999, receive a streamlined package of care which quickly outpaces those offered by other OTC manufacturers.
**Sontro OTC Hearing Aids available October 17, 2022
THE PATIENT EXPERIENCESontro OTC Hearing Aids
- AI-driven, customizable hearing aids
- Bluetooth compatible, 16-channel RIC
- Indicated for mild to moderate hearing loss
- Smart features: Noise reduction, feedback suppression, adaptive directionality
- Sweat resistant, nearly invisible
- Risk-free, 45-day money-back guarantee
- 1-year warranty from date of purchase, free shipping
- Free otoTune app, download on Google Play or Apple App Store
- Patented, 2-Button customization in 3-minutes
- Automatic mode selection
- Clinically validated at Northwestern University Clinic of Audiology
- Android® OS 6.0+ or iPhone® iOS 11.0+
- Integrated with Amptify platform
- Amptify Care team virtual visits
- Interactive hearing loss curriculum customized for the Sontro Hearing Aids
- A hearing health coach trained on the Sontro Hearing Aids
- Clinically validated auditory training video games
- A managed peer-support community of Sontro Hearing Aids customers
- Access to Amptify’s network of local hearing healthcare providers for in-person audiologic care
“Our dynamic hearing health platform solutions give Soundwave Hearing needed infrastructure to support and empower their patients through access to the Amptify DTx and our network of providers across the United States,” said Chris Cardinal, President and COO of Amptify. “With this partnership, we’re excited to showcase the power of the Amptify hearing health platform which we’ve built to improve the provider and patient experience through tech-enhanced care.”
REMOVING BARRIERS TO HEARING LOSS TREATMENT
Amptify’s hearing health platform allows us to differentiate our Sontro Hearing Aids in the market and to provide incredible value as compared to the customary offerings which focus on support of the device and not the person,” said Anthony Florek, President of Soundwave Hearing. “Hearing loss doesn’t stop at the ears, and it's a priority of ours to ensure that each and every customer receives access to comprehensive, best-practice care which includes audiologic rehabilitation beyond the device.”
INTEGRATING THE SONTRO OTC HEARING AIDS AND AMPTIY INTO CLINICAL PRACTICE
The Sontro Hearing Aid was designed to partner with the audiology community specifically for Tested-not-Treated (TNT) patients. The Sontro Hearing Aid can be positioned as a starter hearing aid, part of a provider’s cabinet solution to keep TNT patients in the practice ecosystem and their purview of care. The Sontro Hearing Aid combined with the Amptify DTx is an ideal solution for younger, first time hearing aid users and patients with mild to moderate hearing loss.
About Soundwave Hearing
Soundwave Hearing, LLC is a health tech company passionately committed to the idea that good hearing health improves lives, We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality hearing aid technology.
Amptify engages in the provision of hearing healthcare services using a technology platform via mobile devices, the internet, video and phone. Founded as a spin-off of the Audiovisual Speech Perception Laboratory led by Professor Nancy Tye-Murray at the Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine, Amptify improves the provider and patient experience through tech-enhanced care by offering industry-leading hearing health solutions which represent the culmination of decades of National Institute of Health sponsored research.
High resolution images and other related media can be found in the public Dropbox here.